Holy Mackerel, it’s been ages since I’ve posted on my dear, forlorn blog!
And, yes, you’ve bit the bait – these are not five ways to let yourself off the hook, just my loose list of reason why I’ve been gone for a while.
Seeing that my last post is from three months ago makes me sad for two reasons:
- It must seem like I have forsaken it completely – which I have not! in fact, I have a few things that have been waiting for an edit for a long time – and maybe that I have nothing new;
- Time is just flying by and closing in on 30 – dear me, where has my youth gone!? – it seems to be going faster.
BUT point 2 is a little wobbly because there are a couple of good reasons for those three months slipping by without much of a trace online. One of those being…
I’m married, y’all! 😀
It feels like there should be a “finally” in that statement, but that would just sound a little desperate. It’s never been an obsession of mine to be married, but since we’re having a 9-year anniversary this year, a “finally” just fits. As our friends.
So, reasons one through four… OK, maybe one through three are:
- Having to plan a wedding;
- Spending over a month in Bulgaria for said planning, during which time I was much, much busier than expected;
- Having the actual wedding and tying all the loose ends thereafter (pay the staff, collect leftover alcohol and sundry items from the venue, talk video and music with cameramen, etc….). This is what I get for deciding on doing the whole shebang with lots of people and tons of details.
Good news – it all went great, everyone had a lot of fun, we haven’t had any complaints and… Now it’s just the honeymoon left.
Which brings me to reason number four: because of… let’s just say reasons, because the actual reasons bore and annoy even me to death, we did not plan our honeymoon a couple of months before the wedding as most people do. So, now that we are back in Zürich and our lives and work mostly back to normal, there’s still the honeymoon to be planned and executed. And might I just add, we have to leave in about two weeks and have nothing organised. And I mean nothing – no plane tickets, no hotels, no packing has been discussed. I’m adding this last nugget of “fun” to elicit either some sympathy from seasoned couples or at the very least a few gasps of panic from more organised brides.
The last reason is a somewhat redeeming one, I hope, and I will be quick because of reason number four still being in play here. It is writing. Yes, even throughout the craziness and the busyness I have tried not to lose sight of the bigger goal I’ve set for myself. I have to admit, I did put of my novel aside for such a long time that I was intimidated when I had to go back in, but I am getting back on track. And in the meantime, I did keep track of the books I’ve been reading, and even though some of those reviews have been sitting unedited for weeks, they’re not forgotten and they are coming your way.